20141215

It Hurts So Good - Chapter 3: Why It Hurts (fiction)

John Doe's diary entry for 2 March 2014:

Whenever I hear this song, I hurt inside.

When I was a young boy
Said put away those young boy ways
Now that I'm gettin' older, so much older
I long for those young boy days
With a girl like you, with a girl like you
Lord knows there are things we can do, baby
Just me and you, come on and make it up

Hurt so good
Come on baby, make it hurt so good
Sometimes love don't feel like it should
You make it hurt so good

It hurts. It hurts to hear this song. I know nothing of love, for I'm unsure if I am a young boy or girl.

It does not matter.

When I hurt, I groom my prey. It's so easy to lure them into the trap: the bad men like their boys and girls young. Just when they think they have me, all it takes is a razor to the throat. Within minutes, they're lifeless.

In spite of the blood, it's fun.

Of course, the trick is to be naked before I slice. It's easier to clean off the blood.

Sometimes though, even when facing death, a few of these bad men will fight me to the death to stay alive.

That's why it hurts so good. >:)

Originally written June 30, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Lyrics from Hurts So Good by George Green and John Melloncamp
Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Royalty Network

2 comments:

Radha Santadharma said...

Ooh boy please don't ever
Take the heat off me
'Cos it would hurt even more
If you'd ever leave
Even though sometimes
It's hard to me to bear
I make myself hold on
'Cos it kills me I don't care

'Cos baby I don't want you to ever quit
Ooh, it ain't no good 'til it
Hurts just a little bit

Don't you know that it's hurts so good
Don't you know that it's hurts so good
Don't you know that it's hurts so good
Hurts so good

Radha Santadharma said...

Hurts So Good lyrics by John Mellencamp © 1982