Search This Blog

20140718

Reflection on a Simple Message From God (satire)

Sometimes it's amazing when God will inspire a family to place a quote from the Bible on the rear of their SUV, just so I can happen on it.

This afternoon I was on my way to dinner with my second Mormon family along with my two Elders when I spotted this quote as described. The first line implies that I should not rely solely on my own understanding of the spiritual life but trust in the Lord with all my heart.

No matter what I do, I am to acknowledge Him i.e. keep him constantly on my mind so that He will direct my path towards salvation.

Although I have an unspoken understanding of this quote, I am sure that by prayer and meditation, it may soon come clear to me what this quote means to me.

It comes from Proverbs 3:5-6.

"In all your ways acknowledge Him" means "Always submit to God's will" and implies a God-centred life, rather than a worldly one. Certainly it is beneficial to me to submit myself to a higher power. For self will might lead me astray, being human and imperfect

For then he will be my guide, the Shepherd finding His sheep, for I am one of his sheep.

No comments: