Stop painting the election of 2016 as a political tragedy to express your ridiculous viewpoint.
Stop pushing your ridiculous armchair views using the Hitler trope to attack Trump.
Have some goddamn respect.
Go and seek approval in the real world, not on social media. It is what you say in public that makes the difference politically.
Were you actually trying to have a proper discussion about politics, you wouldn't be trying to characterize Trump as another Hitler.
You are comparing the man who killed millions of people by gassing and torturing them to a US president, just because of something he said which has been said by anyone off the street.
Maybe you were jokingly making these comparisons because they do sound like a joke.
When you call Donald Trump a Hitler because he are putting America first — the country he is supposed to represent — then I have very little respect for you.
Here are five reasons why I have lost my respect for you:
- You are mocking the millions of people who have died back then.
- You are making a fool of yourself by mocking their sacrifices just so you can have a strong buzz word to express your opinion, because you are unable to form a proper opinion.
- You are simply unable to do that because, in your eyes, forming a properly informed opinion is pointless.
- You don't actually want to form an informed opinion.
- You just want people to share the same views as you.
Originally published: December 18, 2017 at 06:22 PST
Update: As it turns out, Trump did not implement the separation of children from their parents. It was actually Obama who began the internment of children of illegal immigrants in buildings designed to temporarily detain immigrants.
After months of political pressure, both locally and globally, the Trump administration has reversed course regarding illegal immigrants.
June 20, 2018: the policy to detain children of illegal immigrants from their parents is reversed.
June 25, 2018: the Trump administration halted the policy of turning over immigrant parents to prosecutors.