Search This Blog

20070204

88-Year-Old Finn is One of the Smartest People

I got the following off an IQ email list:


Even though he is quite an odd and stubborn character my father-in-law is one of the smartest people I know.

Still at 88 he solves the hardest cross-word puzzles every day and keeps himself informed (he comes from Finland so he clogs our mailbox with clips about Linus Thorwalds, Linux and Nokia).

I am quite convinced that he laid the foundation long ago by putting his brain through tough challenges.

At age 50 he learned Japanese so he could translate Japanese patents in materials science for his employer. He even held a presentation in Japanese at a scientific conference in Japan.

Quite a challenge!

I wish I will be as alert if I ever make it to 88!

What are you doing to keep your brain in shape?



Henrik, Sollentuna, SWEDEN

No comments: