Search This Blog

20071005

Night Out at a Yaletown Internet Cafe

Currently I am sitting back at an internet cafe a block from the Yaletown Book Warehouse, kitty corner from Cossette and the Yaletown 7-11.

Okay, I have no idea where I am but I do know that I am the oldest person in this internet cafe. Shocking!

At three bucks an hour, this place offers internet at half the price paid about 10 years ago for such service, which consists of a gaming computer, a DVD/CD RW combo and AMD Inside. I think it was slower back then, and the burner was only a CD RW unit. My! Times sure have changed.

Although I have no way of determining the speed of this XP box, it is the usual XP Professional knockoff. ;)

There is a concert on at the Penthouse, which is to mqke up for the crappy hours the strip bar gets now (8pm to 1 am mon to thu and 8pm to 2am, fri-sat) as opposed to its strip club heydays over 15 years ago.

In about 25 minutes I am gonna call up my friend Gary to ask if Guardian Angels is done so he can meet up with me outside the Penthouse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

siobhan duvall is great on her solo tour 9 years after parting ways with Biff Naked.

however, the cd she flogs was published circa 2000.

however, siobhan needs a permanent keyboardist.

methinks this girl is stuck in a timewarp.

the belushis r a kick ass group, and managed to make everyone's ears bleed with actual punk sound.

the price of drugs these days is through the roof was ok, but i had to attend to the needs of a very drunk lady so i missed the last band :'(

steve