Search This Blog

20141023

Let God Be My Master (poem)

No longer can I ask what I do
for myself; rather, I ask myself:
"What will God give to me?"

Freedom from life's woes is
sometimes as easy as coming
to believe God is everywhere.

Since God is everywhere,
what then do I have
to fear but fear itself?

By accepting God into my life,
all fear is replaced by faith
in His power to look after me.

Do I still fear? Yes, I fear
and thus respect God,
for He is truly my Master.

By placing my life in God's hands,
that respect and humility nurtures
a growing sense of fearlessness and courage.

It helps me to remember
the prayer of a sinner:
‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’

Suppose that all of Christendom
finds me to be unworthy to sup with them
in Heaven when that time comes.

Then the Absolute is my inspiration,
and no-self is the divine principle.
Still, God shall remain my Master.

For what is the Absolute but
Heaven itself? For God is absent there
as is the Buddha after death.

Let God be my Master, the Absolute
my inspiration and the Buddha,
the origin of the Golden Rule:

"Do unto others
what thou wishes
done until thineself."

Originally posted October 21, 2010 1:26 AM
Updated on December 25, 2013 at 6:54 AM

No comments: