Search This Blog

20110728

A Worthy Struggle for Life as It is (poem)

Sometimes I make the mistake in
trying to live life as it should be,
only to realize the misery
that causes me and the people
who matter most in my life.
Sometimes it gets me down.

It's not others who get me down
as much as I get myself
stuck in the chains of my undoing.
Be it habit of mind or tendencies,
my behavior is in my hands,
though sometimes I regress.

Yet I can bounce right back
when the heartache has gone away -
all it takes is the willingness
to accept what cannot be changed
with a peaceful heart and clear mind,
and gracefully carry on.

Bravely do I carry on, accepting
what I am responsible for.
Living day by day helps me
to keep focused on the task:
to live my life as I see fit -
a worthy struggle for life as it is.

No comments: