Search This Blog

20130312

Problem: Windows Firewall Turns Off By Itself After HP System Recovery

Problem: Windows Firewall Turns Off By Itself After HP System Recovery

Description:

Windows Firewall turns off by itself after HP System Recovery.

Windows displays notification that Windows Firewall is turned off.


In Windows Firewall, there are Exceptions for DISCover - Digital Interactive System.

This Microsoft Technet Windows Client TechCenter forum message thread mentions this:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/itproxpsp/thread/cc78153c-1811-46c3-a1a3-7d2c7dc3e7ba

"Friday, October 16, 2009 7:15 mouse47
...

I had installed Spybot with Teatimer. Teatimer (when set to paranoid mode) lets you know when it is scanning a new process. I kept trying to quick get to Task manager when I would see teatimer's notification and the windows security pop-up come up at the same time. After many attempts I found out it was "myFTP.exe". A google search said it was from a program called DisCover (digital interactive systems). I did indeed have DisCover on my computer. I came with my computer. I have never used it. It's some kind of drop and play gaming application."

Solution:
Go to Add/Remove Software (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307895)
Look for Discover
Delete entry only for Discover

No comments: