Search This Blog

20130422

Diary Entry: 20130422 0408H: Insomnia

Insomnia

...

Detective Thomas Knight has been in London for some time. One wonders if he is protecting the young lady Enid Blyton or bent on romancing her. All I know is, my grandmother loved the elder Lady Blyton's books when she grew up in the countryside.

Since I had a lot of respect for dear old Nan, her books are still old fashioned. Apart from that, it doesn't hurt a young child's mind. "But at my age, the old fashioned bits seem a bit stuffy," I said to the Doctor.

"Don't be mentioning your opinions to Miss Blyton, Clara."

"Afraid it'll give her writer's cramp or something."

"Well, if you must know," he replied, "she's working on her first novel."

"So, why is an American detective, that Knight fellow, protecting her?"

"Protecting?" scoffed the Doctor. "Who told you that?"

"I'm afraid I did," said Enid Blyton. "If you think my first book is stuffy just by meeting me, then I wonder if it'd be a seller too."

"Fixed point in time!" hiss the Doctor, but I don't really believe that. I mean, as long as Miss Blyton thinks Mr Knight is protecting her, then let her think that.

"Knight's not the fixed point in time."

Well, I'm fixing for some time with the great detective Thomas Knight, just so Nan gets to read Enid Blyton's books for children.

I'm absolutely sure that insomnia has kept me up being vexed about him so I put this note in me diary for keeps.

...

No comments: