Remember: making wine on your own is cheaper than buying from the store. Since you are making so little wine, it is unlikely you will poison yourself.
Besides, many fortified wines contain grain alcohol as do some sherries. YMMV
- 2 cups of commercial Grape Juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (provides citric acid)
- 1/4 teaspoon wine yeast
- Pour grape juice in an enamel pan
- Heat to almost boiling
- On cooling to 98.6°F, add lemon juice and yeast
- Store in warm place and lightly cover with lid.
- Check often over the next six weeks.
Disclaimer: this recipe is provided only for information purposes. The author takes no responsibility if anyone uses it to make their own alcohol equal to or greater than the recommended 2 cups.