Search This Blog

20150117

Another PhishingExpedition Exposed (satire)

This afternoon I found an email from Arya to Daman in my email box on my yahoo account.

So I looked at the full header and figured out that "Arya" is from Turkey and that this is probably a phishing expedition.

It consists of a URL link using the t.co short form.  I never went to the website since it being there is still evidence of a phishing scam.

Here is proof: the IP address above resolves to superonline.net using host on the address:

$ host 195.142.24.61
61.24.142.195.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer host-195-142-24-61.reverse.superonline.net.

Using whois on superonline.net, we get:

And there you have it: a Turkish phishing expedition exposed.

I am marking this email as spam and let GMail security deal with it.


My guess is, Turkish mafiyah küçük balıkçı is told by a mafiyah
büyük balıkçı "use your Samsung phone to reel in some fish."

Sadly, too many people click on the line. What fools these mundanes be.

No comments: