Search This Blog

20130212

The Virtue of Gullibility

I believe in Amida's Pure Land of Bliss, and have faith in the Primal Vow.

Even if this was just another Jataka Tale then I would still believe in the Teaching.

For were I to not believe and lose faith, I would suffer the deluded doubt,
and my mind would become confused. That kind of suffering leads me to mindful practice of meditation and Buddha Recitation, so that I remember Amida Buddha and his Forty-Eight Vows.

To an outsider who will never study the True Pure Land School and its three Nembutsu Sutras, this appears to be a superstition proselyted to a truly gullible old fool.

However, if my mindful practice leads me to hell, then I will surely follow the True Pure Land School's founder Shinran to hell.

For his faith, and the Pure Land Sangha's faith are the same as my faith in the Primal Vow.

Indeed, Pure Land Buddhism is no superstition.

No comments: