Search This Blog

20071231

Why I Don't Date

1) Better to conquer oneself than conquer a thousand men.

2) I value peace of mind by the sublimation of sexual desire through meditation.

3) The first traumatic film in Grade One that I experienced was about a child molester but showed the setting and succeeded in having me only associate wooded areas with danger. Today, kids these days have faith in all the myths about "psychos" from Hollywood.

4) Because of 1) overconsumption requires eating one meal a day, substituting diet beverage for alcohol and pop, and walk a mile 3-4 times a week each day or the equivalent at the gym.

5) Actually most people today get boring the more they drink because they don't remember any of the good things I did for them when they were sober. I can count the number of people with more exciting stories to tell me and who will never over-drink ever again on both hands. The number of people who were drinkers and led interesting lives I know is two: one of my friends and my Dad (except my Dad died of old age).

6) Women can either go lesbian, do it solo with their BOB or find someone better.

7) What a woman calls independent living means no men; what a man calls independent living means sleeping when he wants, washing when he wants, and being able to keep a beer can collection. What I call independent living means adequate rest, cleanliness and living within my means.

8) I've yet to meet a woman who could drink the same amount of booze I can without being paranoid of too much drinking. If I had no intent of acting anything other than a gentleman these past years, then I should remember being jailed for it. Since I have no such intentions drunk or sober, then frankly ladies, your paranoia about drinking with men is only emphasized by the "mistakes" you have made while drunk. Because I had no such intentions all along, I have decided being sober is a wiser choice at my age.

9) There are too many errors of judgement in dating. You rarely get a second chance when you make a mistake unless you admit that you did err and wish to correct your ways.

10) "Do you like children?" a fellow castmate asked WC Fields. Fields weaved around a bit, and then slowly slurred, "With catsup..."

I once read a book by some Irish author which proposed that children of the poor be well fed like domesticated animals and then slaughtered to end the Irish potato famine. This satire actually implied that had the poor of Ireland not been busy procreating, that the famine would not have occurred.

Well, we do not have that problem today. Children are becoming a scarce commodity these days because people are actually procreating less than they did 300 years ago.

Ah, the joys of compulsory education! Stuff your brain full of unrelated facts for 12 straight years, and the first one learned is "women no longer really need men to raise their children" and the second one learned is, "chemistry is the code word for a lot of failed experiments, some good experiences, and so much potential".

Even so, IMHO a few men and women have forgotten all about love by the time they are my age, mainly because of the propaganda from the media. Indeed, a diet of soap operas and romantic novels contributes to this myth. It goes great with the one about men only having egos, which isn't true according to my research on psychology. Women have egos, just like men do, except just like every other aspect of the female mind, they internalize it. Indeed, women tend to over-analyze using their egos in ways that no males can, and then some. Though, men are quite capable of using their egos like they don't have their manhood handy.

So that's why I don't date. I am content to maintain peace of mind through mindful practice.

No comments: