Search This Blog

20110117

Seeing the Light

Sometimes, when I am at my worst, I resent most of mankind, which is the negative affect of SAD and social isolation.

While in this darkly negative world of my own making, I might misperceive the harmless behavior of other people in a paranoid manner as slights against me.

Perhaps this may be due to the impishness of adults, both male and female, who never grow up, and who may have become both eternally and internally, the archetypes represented by Peter Pan and Wendy in their respective NeverNeverlands. Yet this is foolish speculation.

At my worst, I see the cup as half empty. Furthermore, my moments of insanity may be in expecting a different reaction each time I act the same way as before sanity prevails.

Using patience, perseverance, and politeness as the guides they are, my way out of the long, dark tunnel of despair is greatly illumined by the peace of mind found through prayer and meditation.

When my mood is thus brightened, I accept other people's mannerisms as the idiosyncrasies they are meant to be - for each of us is unique in their own way.

Deep down I try to play the "Glad Game" to see what makes them glad to see my reaction.

When I am at my best, I am accepting of other people within the rules of society. It is then that I try to be helpful when asked and kind to others with respect to their kindness.

With this positive mindset, sanity consists of doing different things without expectations about outcome.

Realistically, life is never the cup seen half-empty or half-full.

Rather life may be lived fully by accepting what I cannot change about others, being courageous enough to do the things I can, and being wise, through life experience, to know the difference.

No comments: